While working on my Windows 8 app project called ClearWriter I got the following error:
“MakePri.exe” exited with code -1073740940.
I was working with the resw files, localizing my app, so I expected MakePri to be involved with the resource creation.
After excluding my resw files and including them one by one, I found the incorrect resw file. Apparently I had a Resource name that ended with a dot. Removing this solved the error.
I tried to reproduce the error for this blog post, but now I got the following error when I inserted the dot:
Error 1 Processing Resources with error: The parameter is incorrect. MakePri
Error 2 Unspecified error occurred. MakePRI